6th October 2023
VACANCY FOR A PARISH COUNCILLOR
The council would like to hear from you if you’d like to be part of a dedicated team of volunteers. Becoming a Parish Councillor requires commitment, can be demanding but is ultimately very rewarding.
For lots more information have a look on www.cawoodvillage.org.uk or chat to one of our Councillors
To apply please contact our Parish Clerk, Susie Gowlett by emailing email@example.com
The Council is responsible for aspects of village life by looking after its assets such as the Playing Fields and children’s play areas, the Garth, the OBS and the Cemetery and also undertakes general maintenance of the village. The Council is also involved in planning applications as part of the consultation process, is canvassed for its opinions on major local government plans and objectives and is responsible for overseeing spending for the benefit of the village.
The council has nine members and meets monthly on the third Thursday of the month.
To stand for election on a Parish Council, you must:
- be a UK or Commonwealth citizen; or
- be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or
- be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union; and
- be at least 18 years old.
To be eligible to stand for an election for a particular parish, you must:
- be an elector of the parish; or
- in the past 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish; or
- work in the parish (as your principal or only place of work); or
- live within three miles of the parish boundary
The PC is non political