Situated off Wistowgate via Maypole Gardens, the Playing Fields are owned by the Parish Council on behalf of the village. The far boundary of the area is marked by Cawood’s railway line which ran from 1898 – 1960.
Sports Clubs are regular users.
Bowls, Tennis, Football and Cricket Clubs are all based there.
Access to and parking for the village allotments is also at the Playing Fields.
A basketball hoop and skate ramp are available for use and there is also a play area for younger children situated there.
Picnic tables and benches are available for spectators and anyone wanting to sit awhile.